Sunday, April 25, 2010

Two

I am terrified.

I was like an animal in a zoo, people kept coming to take a good look. Voyeurs without shame, faces in half shadow, expecting a show. And I was simultaneously doing the exact same thing.
This was the one and only time I will ever experience Chatroulette. I couldn't be on screen, I avoided it while my friend pretended to beat up people by punching in the direction of the camera. I saw a few people manipulating themselves.

I don't like this phenomenon.
My mind just cannot wrap itself around it. I can barely deal with the people in one town, let alone the whole world. That website is not for this agoraphobic. Now people can just look right into the places I feel safe from other people. Insanity.
Also, most of these people were alone and in the dark. Maybe just curious, but probably lonely. What are they doing? I'm halfway around the world. Find some friends were you live.

P.S. This is a fun thing about real friends: I was just called a "tiny pipsqueak, a squalking pipfreak, pippy longstalking baby mosquito bug lady." I hate that guy. I love that guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment